Monday, 3 December 2012

Christmas Preparation

I had a very Belle & Boo inspired Christmasy weekend.

First, we brought in the Christmas tree which got decorated with the lovely Carousel decorations.












Then I baked some Dutch Speculaas biscuits in prep for St Nicholas Day on the 5th for my Dutch in-laws. Luckily the dough made lots of biscuits because I think I may have eaten half of them already. The speculaas spice made the whole kitchen smell like Christmas! I'm sure Boo would have been pleased to be involved in the baking...



I popped a Carousel Fabric Panel in the post for my mum and she's been busy sewing for my little niece. She sent me these pictures of her work in progress. She's not sure if it should be a little floaty top and matching bloomers...
or if it should be a skirt and have a matching top that would have Belle on her horse appliqued on. What do you think will be best?


Just a reminder as well, here are the recommended postal dates if you want your Belle & Boo goodies to arrive before Christmas.  Make sure you get in early and don't miss out!




Love Clare x

5 comments:

  1. I vote for the skirt! It'll look lovely with the matching T-shirt, but a plain white t-shirt (or any color that matches the skirt) will look great as well (perfect for children who get a little messy during the day: t-shirts tend to get dirty quicker than skirts...).
    That's one lucky niece who's going to open that present on boxing day. :)
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The decorations in the tree are just adorable! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. IT's adorable <3 nice post!

    Kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the decorations. Funnily enough my boyfriend is belgian ( dutch speaking) so celebrating sinterklaas. I have been in the uk, going back today. Love the skirt. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These Carousel decorations are so wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete